How God's Healing Promises Can Help You Pray In The Midst of Covid19
At a point when the world is ravaged by a deadly disease like Covid19, it is is very important to hold on to The Lord's healing promises. Today, global confirmed cases are close to 20 million people. People are afraid.
I am afraid. Very much. My wife and 26 year old daughter are nurses. My sisters-in-law are nurses. They are all working on the front-line - serving covid19 patients.
Being a pastor, I am moving from here and there ministering. I run a small business along with that, where my exposure to the public is quite pronounced. To think, how can I make it, each day? I mean since both me and my wife come back home from such a great exposure to threat zones.
As if that is not enough, I have heard friends who have contracted the virus, and some people I have known enough to relate with who have succumbed to the disease. This makes it very close to home.
I think, many people can relate to my fears. My daughter who is a nurse in Johannesburg, South Africa sent me a list of scriptures and prayer points that I thought I could use into this piece.
However, there is hope, there is a faithful fortress to which we can run to - the Lord. Jehovah has promised humanity a great measure of Healing over so many centuries since the advent of the human race. I find, times like these call for us all to lean more on these fervent promises. We will get courage to face each day.
For Those Who Are Currently Covid-19 Positive.
There is a lot of assurance in the word of God for your healing. My heart aches for you, I can't imagine the despair you're going through. Once, on Quora I read someone's account of how her journey has been as she is fighting the virus - it's tough. But it is possible. I want you to read and recite these scriptures and pray on them often. Your healing is on the way, march boldly and confidently, knowing the Lord loves you so much and he wants to satisfy you with a very long life, ok?
1. Isaiah 53:5
But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed. (ESV)
1 Peter 2:24
He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. (ESV)
Psalm 91:16
With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.
3. Jeremiah 33:6
"'Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security
For The People Vulnerable To Infection
1. Exodus 15:26
He said, “If you will listen carefully to the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in his sight, obeying his commands and keeping all his decrees, then I will not make you suffer any of the diseases I sent on the Egyptians; for I am the LORD who heals you.” (NLT)
2. .Psalm 91:7-8
A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; But it shall not come near you. Only with your eyes shall you look, And see the reward of the wicked. (NKJV)
3. . Psalm 91:10
No evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling. (NKJV)
4. John 1:2
Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul. (ESV)
What meanings do you draw from these scriptures? Share with me in the comments below, or on social media - Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Stay strong guys, we will win this fight. The main part has already been finished on the cross. Jesus won against all these troubles plagues. Our battle is of faith. These songs can be of great help to you sail through;
No Longer Slaves To Fear - Jonathan David and Melissa Helser

Comments
Post a Comment